Location: North Carolina
Progress North Carolina (PNC) and its sister organization, Progress North Carolina Action (PNCA), serve as North Carolina’s progressive communications hub. We operate as a center for innovative research, data-driven messaging, training, and communication strategies for the progressive community and its elected allies to shift the narrative around good governance and reshape what is possible by advocating for progressive policies, leaders, and civil servants ready to serve North Carolinians.
Progress NC Action (PNCA) is seeking a full time Digital Organizer to help drive an innovative organic social media amplification and volunteer skill building program. This role involves working with the PNCA team and partner groups to recruit and develop volunteers to amplify, create, and spread progressive messaging on digital platforms across North Carolina.
This role will focus on, but not exclusively entail, recruiting and engaging young and diverse voters to use their online presence for grassroots advocacy, sharing progressive values and informing the public about programs and laws that impact their lives. The Digital Organizer will work with allied organizations and organizers and conduct outreach to allied or potentially allied campus groups and organizations in order to build a large network of grassroots volunteers across North Carolina.
This position reports to the Digital Organizing Director and works in collaboration with PNCA’s research, digital, and communications team members as well as with organizational stakeholders, partners, and consultants. We are seeking candidates with a passion for relational organizing, relationship building, youth engagement, and progressive politics who have a proven track record of hitting goals and metrics.
This is a communications and campaign-oriented position. Events will, at times, be scheduled in the evening and/or the weekends. This position is seasonal and will end on January 31st, 2025. You must be located in North Carolina and will be regularly required to meet in our Raleigh office. This position will require some travel across the state for partner support and media events. Candidates must have reliable transportation.
Duties will include:
- Under the direction of the Digital Organizing Director, work to build a large network of grassroots volunteers, activists and micro-influencers across North Carolina to create and share compelling content online;
- Work closely with partner organizations to support their programmatic goals;
- Work with the PNCA content team to develop resources for volunteer use;
- Recruit, train, and support individuals involved in or seeking to join the progressive movement.
Ideal candidates will have some or all of the following:
- Experience working for progressive organizations in roles including, but not limited to: organizing, field, communications, media relations, strategic planning, political, government relations, policy, etc.;
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, train, and retain volunteers;
- An ability to communicate effectively with people of many different backgrounds (ability to speak Spanish is a plus!);
- A strong commitment to working in a tight team with positive, supportive attitude and the willingness to be flexible and take on additional tasks as needed;
- Experience managing short-term and long-term goals;
- Working knowledge of social media platforms, practices, and use;
- A strong sense for identifying and capitalizing on emerging trends;
- A demonstrated commitment to disrupting racism and other systemic barriers in the advocacy world;
- Experience developing insightful, pragmatic, equitable, and sustainable ways to tackle common challenges and produce positive change.
Compensation: Salary is $55,000 annually. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance (100% employer-paid for employees; 50% employer-paid for dependents) and paid time off comprising nine holidays, 10 vacation days, five personal days, and six sick days per year.
Start Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: Rolling deadline
Location: Remote/Hybrid within North Carolina
You must be located in North Carolina and will be regularly required to meet in our Raleigh office.
How to Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Digital Organizer” in the subject heading.
This organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes that the diversity of ideas, experiences, and cultures that our employees contribute to our organization is our greatest advantage, and we are proud to be an inclusive and equal-opportunity workplace where all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion and job status without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, or disability. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.