Bombshell revelations on first day of NC-09 hearing
The first day of the State Board of Elections’ long-awaited hearing on the apparent vote theft operation in Congressional District 9 had two main parts: A summary of evidence discovered by the SBE, and a lengthy testimony and cross-examination of Lisa Britt, an employee of McCrae Dowless with a key role in the vote theft operation. Both portions of today’s hearing contained some bombshells that support the need for a new election in District 9.
Here are some of today’s revelations:
- Britt went into extensive detail about the mechanics of McCrae Dowless’s vote theft operation, describing how she filled out incomplete absentee ballots in support of Republicans, falsified witness signatures, and gave unsealed ballots to Dowless — all of which is illegal.
- Britt also provided evidence that Dowless committed obstruction of justice and witness-tampering by asking Britt and other potential witnesses to falsely claim Dowless did nothing wrong.
- Britt testified that Dowless went to great lengths to knowingly conceal his illegal vote theft scheme by delivering ballots in small batches, mailing them from post offices near voters’ addresses, having witnesses falsely use the same date as the voter signed and using different ink colors for signatures.
- Britt also testified that Dowless encouraged her to commit voter fraud by voting despite being on probation for a felony.
- State Elections Director Kim Strach described evidence of a “coordinated, unlawful, and substantially-resourced absentee ballot scheme” as well as a coordinated attempt to tamper with witnesses by Dowless and potentially others.
- Strach said Dowless was paid over $130,000 by the Harris campaign and its consultant Red Dome. Britt testified that she heard Dowless and Red Dome founder Andy Yates discussing vote totals, indicating that Red Dome was aware of Dowless’s illegal tactics.
- Strach said Yates has so far refused to speak with investigators, and that criminal investigations into the apparent vote theft scheme will continue after the hearing.
With thousands of absentee ballots that went unreturned in District 9, there’s no way of knowing how many votes were thrown out or altered by the Harris campaign’s shady operatives. It doesn’t matter whether McCrae Dowless illegally altered ten ballots or ten thousand — the only way to remove this stain from the NC-09 results is to hold a new election.